Diamond is a really good stuff for attacking and defending
Diamond Ore can be found in veins of 1-9 blocks (with larger concentrations being more rare). Diamond shows up at elevations ranging from 1 to 20 blocks above the bottom of the map.
- Below elevation 18, it occurs in roughly 0.12% of rock.
- This calculates to approximately 4 diamond ore per chunk.
- When diamond was first introduced, it was called emerald.
- If diamond ore is obtained via inventory hacking, smelting it will give the diamond gem.
- Diamond, like other ores, is easier to find in caves and empty lava pools, as this gives more surface area.
- Like other ores, diamond was about 50% more common in the quadrant south-west of the point (0,0) compared to the north-east quadrant. However, this was fixed in Beta 1.6.
- In some vein formations, ores connect diagonally. Therefore it is recommended to mine around diamond ore. This also permits checking for lava.
- Diamond Ore, along with other ores, appears in the background on the achievement page.
- Diamonds are considered to be the rarest item in the game, but, due to a bug in 1.6 (and only 1.6), clay was the rarest material in the game.
- Diamond ore cannot be found or placed in Classic as of version 0.30.